Friday, April 12, 2013

I'm Back... I Think!

Is anyone still out there?? Hello? Hello? Can you hear me now?

I know, I know.. I've been gone for almost a year. Life got busy, what can I say? I guess a man walked into my life and my blog walked out! I was so busy trying to be in a relationship I didn't have time to blog about the relationship! Here's what has been going on with me in the past year!

> Boyfriend
> Graduate School
> New Job

Yea, I guess that's like a total life overhaul in the past year! :) Let me elaborate!

First, the love life is amazing! I am so lucky and blessed to have such a wonderful, loving, caring man in my life. Sometimes I pinch myself to make sure it's real! We have been dating a little over a year now and everyday is full of laughs and making memories. I honestly don't know how I could have handled the changes I have had in my life without him standing beside me. He is my rock. He knows me, he wants what is best for me and he puts my needs and wants above his own. We have been through a lot in just our short time as a couple, ie. job changes (for the better), parental disapproval (my parents), and just learning how to live and learn as young professionals (budgets!).
I know that we are soul-mates... there are so many a-ha moments where I know that God made him for me! It's crazy to think he pursued me, and for four years I let him not be a part of my life because I was with someone else. It is simply a testament that God's timing is perfect.

Second new adventure has been graduate school. And let me just say this... I'm nearly nine months in and I'm over it! Obviously this must be why God allows women to only carry children for the same amount of time, because after 9 months, you really are over it! I have learned a lot, met some great people and it has put me in a new place in my life academically and professionally. For that I am thankful, but I'm tired of constantly thinking I should be doing school work instead of off having fun doing something else! August 4, 2013 at 2pm can't come fast enough!!

Finally, I have a new job!! I kicked that corporate crap to the curb. Or rather it kicked me. But nonetheless I am loving life in my new job. I'm working for a nonprofit that acts as match.com between colleges/universities and the entertainment industry. I am in the education/volunteer management area and so I am working with our foundation which provides scholarships and working with our over 300 volunteers across the country! LOVE IT!

Somethings that haven't changed and probably never will:

>Still loving Lilly Pulitzer. May she rest in peace! So sad to hear of her passing last week, but I'm sure heaven just got a little brighter!

> Still obsessed with country music. Headed to a Chris Young concert this weekend. I really just can't get enough. Will & I are thinking about going to Nashville over Labor Day weekend! Hope we can! He's never been, I really need him to experience it!

> Still fat. Yep. I'm back to the weight I was after college. In a year I have put on 20lbs ish, but since the beginning of April I have really started watching what I'm eating. Haven't lost but about a pound, been working out 3-4 days a week, but I think my PCOS is what is keeping me from loosing weight. I need to do some research to see if there are alternatives to drugs to help with that because the metformin is kicking my stomach! :/

So that's what's new and not new in my world! Please comment if you are still following and up to reading what I post.. otherwise I might just go back on my blogger hiatus. Have a fabulous weekend!

If I do another post, it will be about 2 new boutiques that have surfaced in my town! Got some cute cute pinterest-esk dresses! :)

3 comments:

  1. I was so excited to see you pop back up in my reader today! I'm so glad to read you've been doing well! Sounds like things are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you've found a wonderful relationship, Morgan : ) You deserve it!!! And a new JOB?? TOTALLY exciting.

    ReplyDelete