Friday, November 21, 2014

5 on Friday



It's already Friday! Woo hoo! I had a short week this week as I was in Florida last weekend and returned to SC on Monday, and then took Tuesday off to recoup from the vacation. Yep, I needed a day of vacation after vacation. #firstworldproblems

Anyways, thought I would linky up with A. Liz Adventures for 5 on Friday to share some of my latest favorites!

ONE
I went shopping at the outlets while in Florida and bought my first J. Crew item. Well first 2 actually. I know, I know, slow to jump on the J. Crew bandwagon, but it's not normally in my price range. I think I lucked up though with some decent finds! I got the pleated mini skirt which I had been eying for a while now. I got a great kacki color and a grey wool blend color. I love them both! I decided to get neutral colors to go with different tops and sweaters! I love the weight and the elastic waist! Perfect for work or play!
J.Crew Factory - Factory pleated mini
TWO
I loved loved loved Florida!! Last Sunday we visited St. Augustine for the day! It was so beautiful, sunny and 75 degrees! My favorite part was visiting the Ponce De Leon hotel which is actually part of Flagler College now. It was beautiful. St. Augustine was Charleston with Spanish flare.
In front of the Fort
In the courtyard of Ponce De Leon
THREE
Concealer. I am loving concealer all of a sudden. Again, not sure which rock I've been under, but it has quickly become my best friend. #nomoreundereyebags #easyhighlighter I am currently using Mary Kay concealer in Ivory 2. $12 #steal

FOUR
Puffy Vests! I just can't get enough! I love them! They are perfect for days where it is a bit chilly but you don't feel like being bundled up in a sweater or coat. I like my arms to be free! Also great to wear when shopping so that you don't have to hold on to a bulky coat and it's easy to get in and out of when trying on clothes. A few weeks ago I ordered the knock off J. Crew herringbone vest from groopdealz. I've been on this site for a while now and every now and again they run a really great deal on cute stuff. I HAD to have the vest and for $35 including shipping it was worth it! Now it just needs to hurry up and get here!

Love that all of these diff patterns go together

FIVE
A month or so ago, there was an estate sale in my parents neighborhood. I'd never been to one before, but decided to go with my mom. I didn't expect to find/buy anything, but instead I think I spent $45 before the weekend was over. Anyways, my favorite buy was an antique champagne bucket. It of course hasn't been touched with a polishing cloth since probably 1965, but I'm working on that. I have found so much inspiration on Pinterest of what I can do with it. I have put a few here! Eek! I can't wait to get it shined up and use it with Christmas decor!
 15 Vintage-Inspired Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas : Decorating : Home & Garden TelevisionMirror with boxwood wreath and paper whites in silver urn from atthepicketfence.comJulie at Creating This Life blog uses a silver champagne bucket purchased at an estate sale to hold kitchen utensils.  IMG_5969
Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend....

1 comment:

  1. so cool informative blog
    Its Awesome i like it wishing you happy new year and Merry christmas also
    Check out Happy New Year to you. This is very informative blog, i have ever seen in my life. Wishing you a happy new year.
    Happy New Year & Merry Christmas


    happy new year and Merry christmas also
    Check out Happy New Year & Merry Christmas
    Happy New Year 2019 SMS
    Happy New Year 2019 Quotes
    Happy New Year Wishes 2019
    happy new year wishes 2019-2020
    HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019

    Only For Proffesionals Not for Begers
    Live Cricket Streaming
    Live Cricket & Footbal Match Live Streaming
    Live Cricket Streaming
    Solution of Every Problem
    Health & Tech Point
    Health & Tech Point

    ReplyDelete