Tuesday, April 24, 2012

12 things women should know & have by 30

Hello Lovelies!

I hope all is well in your blog world since I haven't done much catching up in the past week. I'll catch you in in a few sentences on my life. Busy. Lots of wedding directing, planning, attending, and enjoying! :) This weekend is the first of my wedding weekend trilogy! This is the one that I am just directing the ceremony at my church, but it means rehearsal Friday night and most of the day Saturday!

All is well with W. I have to say this is the HAPPIEST I have been in I can't tell you when. I keep thinking I'm going to wake up and it's going to all be a dream! My parents seem to like him, he had them in stitches laughing so hard last night after dinner. :) It's a good feeling when "all is right."

Anyways, I was crusing the Today Show.com this morning and ran across this article!
I really want to read this book because let's face it come July I am on the downhill side of my 20s and inching oh so close to the big 3-0! YIKES! Anyways, there were a few fashion forwards in this article that struck my attention as must share and inform! I definately agree with ALL these items being staples in your closet!

1. Skinny black jeans. You need a pair. Dress them up for the office or down for day.
Source: loft.com via Lindsey on Pinterest

2. A crisp, white button-down shirt. It suggests clean, cool confidence in the workplace, but unbutton two buttons and it’s the ultimate in sex appeal for night.

3. A go-to dress. It doesn’t have to be a little black dress. It’s even better sometimes if it’s not, because color makes a bolder statement. But it should fit perfectly and make you feel beautiful.

4. A classic black pump. It has to have at least a four-inch heel to boost your height and confidence. (Okay, fine. A three-inch heel if you must.)

5. A bright mini. My own favorite is red with a flared hem. It’s great to have one that’s a really bright color because it makes you stand out in a crowd. You can wear it for day—just pair it with an oversize men’s white sweater—or nighttime, with a silk camisole.

6. A bold piece of jewelry. Think: necklace, bangle, large ring, large earrings. I have a big necklace that I keep in my drawer at work, and it dresses up any outfit. A statement piece allows your personal style to shine, especially if the rest of your outfit is conservative.

7. A fitted blazer. A great-fitting blazer is a girl’s most invaluable staple. Pop the collar, roll the sleeves, or add a cool brooch to make it your own.

8. A colorful clutch. This one’s especially crucial if you have a closet full of blacks or neutrals. A splash of color will liven up the simplest outfit—not to mention your mood.









9. Black opaque tights. They’re so warm and practical, and they instantly make a dress look professional.

10. A lace tank. Wear it underneath your V-neck during the day or peeking out from under a jacket in the evening.

11. Ballet flats. They’re feminine and comfortable, and you can wear them anywhere and always look pulled together. I personally love a blue ballet flat.

12. A soft, luxurious white T-shirt. It has to be a great-quality one that feels good on your skin. You can wear it with everything else in your wardrobe. And if you find one you really love, buy three.


Alright ladies, there are your 12 Closet Staples for LIFE! :) I have quiet a few to add to my wardrobe and some to replace! Hope this jumpstarts your summer shopping or helps you build your professional wardrobe! Have a terrific Tuesday! :)

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post so much that I included it in this week's Lots of Link Love at my blog, Stress Case!

    http://www.stresscasey.blogspot.com/2012/04/lots-of-link-love_26.html

    Come check it out, and see some other fabulous posts from the past two weeks!

    Casey

    ReplyDelete