Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Lately



Hello Lovelies!

Just wanted to update on life lately...
It's Wednesday and I've got the mid-week slumps! It feels like tomorrow should be Friday and not Thursday. Loooong week & it's just been "off." Craziness at work and home. Ready for a low-key weekend. Ha who am I kidding, I'm sure I will fill it with the never ending to do list!

Last Saturday I ended up going to Greenville to see my gma for her 84th birthday. We went out to lunch/brunch to a place near falls park that was a Parisian cafe. I had the best french toast of my life!
Me & the Birthday Lady!

After eating we walked around downtown Greenville for a bit in the drizzly rain! If it doesn't stop raining soon I'm seriously going to consider it a sign from God to build an ark. At the very least I'm going to invest in a pair of rain boots. As I type this there is a black cloud looming that I'm sure will bust as soon as I leave.

I was overly lazy on Sunday, which I guess was needed. I also went to the book store and picked up "Orange is the New Black" by Piper Kerman. I CAN'T PUT IT DOWN!! I watched the series on Netflix in three days last week. While the show is a bit risque, the book is a very true and compelling memoir of Kerman's experience in federal prison. The series is a stretched adaptation of the book. Nonetheless I can't wait for season 2. 

This weekend I need to spend time creating an itinerary for our trip to Nashville in a week. I'm so excited to visit my favorite city with my favorite person! I just don't want to plan it, I want to just do what I want to do when I want to when I get there, but you can't really do that on a trip. Restaurants require reservations and since it's a holiday weekend we will definitely need them. So I guess I will nail down a few of those details this weekend & possibly start packing! 2 free checked bags on Southwest means I can really back some choices! :)

Have a lovely rest of the week! 

-MG

No comments:

Post a Comment