Monday, October 21, 2013

Weekend Update

Well it was a rip roaring Friday night for sure... ok not really. We went to a high school football game! I like to go back to my high school for at least one game during the season. I normally go for Homecoming but this year I was in Oklahoma that Friday night.

Some how always returning to that atmosphere is a walk down memory lane even though it's not the same stadium, the student section isn't nearly as enthusiastic as ours was and the band isn't directed by the same person as when I was there. What takes me back are the smells and the sounds. There is something about hearing my alma mater that brings a mist to my eye and smelling dewy grass that takes me back to many a Friday night ten years ago. I won't lie, I had some of the best times of my life in high school.

I'm on the planning committee for my 10 year (how is that even possible) high school reunion that is next August. We have been putting old pictures on our Facebook page for throw back Thursday. here is a picture of the student section in 2004.


Saturday was a typical lazy fall Saturday with plenty of football, a cat nap and some boneless ribs. What could be better? Unfortunately both SC teams couldn't pull out a win this week.
hastag ANYGIVENSATURDAY
At least Will & I could be sad about our teams together. 

So to drown our misery we went to the SC State Fair Sunday (on the last day) to consume as much fried, greasy, sugary foods as possible. We split: Fiske Fries & a funnel cake. Will ate: a corndog and a Krispie Kreme donut burger. I ate: a corndog and a frozen chocolate covered banana. It's my staple fair food. However, I will spare you a picture of it b/c it does not look lady like to eat. In fact 2 high school guys walked by laughing at me. It's cool. Happens every year. hastag MINDINTHEGUTTER






That was our weekend. Pretty uneventful. But sometimes that's OK. We have a 3-day work week and a 4-day weekend on tap! We are pretty excited about having the time off for a "staycation" and celebrating Will's birthday!!
I'm also going to be cooking some this week... going to have to move the sweaters from the oven! I plan on making a breakfast casserole, a box mix bday cake, and this recipe from Pinterest. I'll let you know if it's a keeper!
Sami's Shenanigans
Stay Lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment