The weekend in Rock Hill was so much fun! We got there about 8 Friday night and ate dinner with my friend, she fixed a healthy dinner of terriyaki baked chicken & stir fry veggies. I appreciate her being so accommodating! :)
Saturday- Day 9:
Breakfast: scrabbled eggs & ham
Lunch: tailgate! below is our table of goodies! My friends made low-country boil, which I didn't eat, but we had plenty to eat with munchie food! The university also gave Chic-fil-a to alumni.. I gave mine to Will because I'm the best girlfriend ever! :)
Here is a pic of Katie (to my left) and Jessica (to my right)... this is one of the last pictures w/o babies! Crazy! This time next year there will be 2 in this picture! So amazing!!
Breakfast: eggs and ham
Lunch: we went to Katie's in-laws and had lunch after church. I didn't want to be rude so I had to eat. We had country fried steak (I scraped all the flour off), carrots and green beans. I'm sure it had butter in it and other things I shouldn't have but I didn't eat much, just enough to be full.
Dinner: On the way back to town we grabbed Subway. I had their new double chopped chicken salad. VERY GOOD! & They have a new balsamic vinaigrette dressing! Delish!
Monday- Day 11:
Breakfast: again eggs (poached) and ham plus a banana
Dinner: We grilled out! Filet's, sauteed mushrooms and peppers and a sweet potato! It's meals like this that I can't believe I'm "dieting." Honestly, I'm not, I'm just eating healthy!
Breakfast: scrambled eggs & ham
Lunch: I had brought left over chicken soup from last week, but I couldn't eat it. So I kinda snacked through lunch. I had some cashews, grapes, apple and the left over peppers and mushrooms from the night before. Not the best lunch but I couldn't stomach the soup!
Dinner: I attempted to roast chicken and broccoli, and cook a butternut squash. Yes, it look appetizing, but my chicken was dry, the broccoli was salty and the squash tasted disgusting. I'd never had butternut before and I won't be having it again. Ick!
Breakfast: scrambled eggs, ham, banana
Lunch: left over dry roasted chicken and sweet potato, apple
Snack: raw peppers
Dinner: "Spaghetti" I made the sauce from scratch, it was decent! I added ground turkey and mushrooms then we ate it over spaghetti squash. It was edible and I have it for lunch again today. It made a TON! This is probably what we will eat Sunday after church.
Let me take the opportunity on Day 14 to share my thoughts and feelings about Whole30.
Here are the ways I can tell it's working:
- I go to sleep easy, I sleep like a baby, and I wake up refreshed and ready to go!
- My acne has cleared up significantly. Face, back etc. I can tell a HUGE difference in my skin. Now, I know it has to do with the diet, but not specifically the foods I'm eating. I've only been drinking water and unsweet tea so that always helps skin and I haven't eaten greasy fast-food processed food in 14 days. Also a major factor in the cause of acne.
- Energy. I don't have an afternoon slump. And this weekend when I needed to stay up late it was hard, but I was able to w/o falling asleep on the couch! :)
- At last check (which I know you are suppose to check at all) on Monday I weighed 4lbs less than on day 1. I'm weighing every 5 days, so let's hope another 2lbs is gone on Saturday morning. Although I haven't had time to walk/exercise this week. Too busy flipping cooking! Ugh!
- My pants are freaking tighter than last week. I have on a pair of pants I had on last Wednesday or Thursday and the buttoned, to day they are uncomfortably buttoned. #ridiculous Although the guide/timeline says this is expected until sometime next week. #hurryupandpass
- Cheese. This diet needs cheese. I'm dying w/o it. Last night that spaghetti would have been excellent with a little sprinkled Parmesan, instead it was just so-so. Cheese WILL BE the first thing I add back in!
I have another tailgate to attend this weekend, but it's just me and Will and we are taking a portable grill so more hamburger steak it is! :) If it weren't for beef, eggs, sweet potatoes and fruit I'd be starving 90% of the time! :) Have a great rest of the week... I'll probably have a song to #backthatazzup to tomorrow!